The global Hepatitis C Drug market will derive growth impetus from the high prevalence of hepatitis C across the world. According to a report published by Fortune Business Insights, titled “Hepatitis C Drug: Global Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast, 2019-2026,” the market was valued at US$ 7,866.6 Mn in 2018. Fortune Business Insights states that the market is projected to reach US$ 7,351.7 Mn by 2026, exhibiting a CAGR of -0.9% in the forecast period.
Top players in the global Type 1 Hepatitis C Drug Market include:
- AbbVie Inc.
- Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp.
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated
Hepatitis C is a viral infection that causes severe damage such as inflammation of the liver and can spread through contaminated blood. The advanced stages of hepatitis C can also lead to liver damage, thereby creating severe health risks. The severity of hepatitis C has created a huge emphasis on the research and development of drugs associated with the treatment of this disease. Several new drugs have been launched in recent times, due to the high prevalence of hepatitis C across the world. Hepatitis C requires oral injections and dosages on a weekly basis, and it also has several side effects that can also lead to permanent damage.
Increasing clinical trials and successful drug clearances have aided the overall growth of the global hepatitis C market. Increasing number of regulatory approvals will boost the global hepatitis C market in the forthcoming years.
By Product Type
- NS5A Inhibitor (Protease Inhibitors)
- Fixed-dose Combination
By Disease Type
- Acute Hepatitis C
- Chronic Hepatitis C
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Scandinavia, and Rest of Europe)
- Asia Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, Southeast Asia, and Rest of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa (South Africa, GCC and Rest of the Middle East & Africa)
More Trending Topics From Fortune Business [email protected]