The “U.S. Orthodontics Market” is projected to reach USD 4.21 billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 13.1% during the forecast period. Increasing need for orthodontic treatments for managing malocclusion will be a critical factor aiding the growth of this market, states Fortune Business Insights™ in its report, titled “U.S. Orthodontics Market Size, Share & COVID-19 Impact Analysis, By Type (Traditional Metal Braces, Ceramic Braces, Lingual Braces, and Clear Aligners), By Age Group (Adult, and Teenager), and by End User (Clinics, and Hospitals) and Forecast, 2020-2027”.
Major U.S. Orthodontics Market Key players covered in the report include:
- Great Lakes Dental Technologies (Tonawanda, U.S.)
- AMERICAN ORTHODONTICS (Sheboygan, Wisconsin, U.S.)
- Henry Schein, Inc. (Melville, New York, U.S.)
- Institut Straumann AG (Basel, Switzerland)
- Align Technology, Inc. (San Jose, U.S.)
- DB Orthodontics (Silsden, U.K.)
- ENVISTA HOLDINGS CORPORATION (Ormco Corporation) (Brea, U.S.)
- Dentsply Sirona (York, Pennsylvania, U.S.)
- 3M (Saint Paul, Minnesota, U.S.)
Get Request a Sample Copy of the U.S. Orthodontics Report:
Our research methodology is robust and includes data triangulation based on bottom-up and top-down approaches. We validated the approximate market number with the help of primary research. Secondary research was conducted to find out detailed information about mergers and acquisitions, collaborations, joint ventures, and agreements. At the same time, we have derived significant information about the market dynamics associated with growth drivers, trends, and obstacles.
It offers figurative estimations for upcoming years on the basis of the recent developments and historic data. For gathering information and estimating revenue for all segments, researchers have used top-down and bottom-up approaches. On the basis of data collected from primary and secondary research and trusted data sources the report will help both existing and new aspirants for market to figure out and study the market’s needs, market size, and competition.
U.S. Orthodontics Market Analysis 2021:
Contracting Demand for Elective Procedures amid COVID-19 to Hamper Growth
The COVID-19 pandemic is expected to hinder the U.S. orthodontics market growth in 2020 owing to the shrinking demand for elective surgeries and treatments. Fears of contracting the infection and weakened spending capacity due to severe economic downturn are the primary reasons why patients are delaying or cancelling non-essential procedures, which include orthodontic treatments. For example, according to the US Department of Commerce, consumer expenditure on healthcare in the country dipped 18% in the first three months of 2020. Globally too, the situation is grim.
The Covid Surg Collaborative, a research initiative by 120 countries on the impact of the coronavirus on surgeries led by the University of Birmingham, estimates that over 28 million elective surgeries will be cancelled in 2020. Furthermore, small clinics and health facilities, which are generally preferred by patients for routine orthodontic procedures, have either shut down due to falling revenues or are facing massive work disruptions as a result of lockdowns and social distancing measures. This has led to diminished demand and declining sales. Henry Schein, for instance, reported a 47.5% decline in dental consumables and merchandise sales across North America in the second quarter of 2020. The coronavirus pandemic has, therefore, created major hurdles for the growth of this market.
As per the report findings, the value of the market stood at USD 1.98 billion in 2019. The report also provides the following:
- Detailed analysis of all segments of the market;
- Comprehensive examination of the key market drivers, trends, opportunities, and challenges;
- Careful study of the regional dynamics impacting the market; and
- In-depth evaluation of the prominent market players and their strategies.
Malocclusion refers to misaligned teeth or “poor bite”, causing the improper line-up of the upper and lower teeth when they meet. While it is considered more of a cosmetic problem than a dental issue, severe form of malocclusion cause eating or speaking hindrances. Moreover, since misaligned teeth are hard to take care of, this condition can lead to serious dental problems such as tooth and gum decay. Orthodontic treatments, which mainly involve attaching braces or retainers to reshape the teeth arrangement, are required for dealing with malocclusions. According to a study published by the National Institutes of Health, approximately 60%-65% of the US population suffers from some form of malocclusion. Thus, as the awareness about the health implications of this condition spreads in the country, the adoption of orthodontics is likely to spike during the forecast period across the US.
July 2020: Align Technology announced the launch of a global service for doctors using the company’s Invisalign and iTERO products. Named Align Digital and Practice Transformation (ADAPT), the service is an expert, independent fee-based business consultation provided by Align to optimize processes and operational workflows of dental practitioners to deliver superior patient outcomes.
June 2020: Las Vegas-based Ence Orthodontics released its latest offering, the Pitts 21 Braces, for patients who want broader smiles on their faces. Highly comfortable and easier to clean than traditional braces, the Pitts 21 Braces have shorter treatment spans as they use light forces and self-ligating brackets.
Have Any Query? Ask Our Experts:
Table of Content:
- Research Scope
- Market Segmentation
- Research Methodology
- Definitions and Assumptions
- Executive Summary
- Market Dynamics
- Market Drivers
- Market Restraints
- Market Opportunities
- Key Insights
- Number of Dentists and Orthodontists in USA
- Number of Orthodontic Procedures in USA
- Impact of COVID-19 on U.S. Orthodontics Market
- Prevalence of Dental Malocclusion in the U.S. (2019)
- Pricing Analysis
- Reimbursement Scenario
- Brand Analysis
- Technological Developments in Dental Braces
- Key Industry Developments (Mergers, Acquisitions and Partnerships)
- U.S. Orthodontics Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast, 2016-2027
- Key Findings / Summary
- Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Type
- Traditional Metal Braces
- Ceramic Braces
- Lingual Braces
- Clear Aligners
- Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Age Group
- Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By End User
- Competitive Analysis
- U.S. Market Share Analysis (2019)
- U.S. Clear Aligners Market Share Analysis (%), By Company, 2019 (Revenues and Units)
- U.S. Braces Market Share Analysis (%), By Company, 2019 (Revenues and Units)
- Company Profiles (Overview, Products, SWOT Analysis, Recent Developments, Strategies, Financials (Based on Availability))
- Align Technology, Inc.
- Institut Straumann AG
- Dentsply Sirona
- Henry Schein, Inc.
- ENVISTA HOLDINGS CORPORATION (Ormco Corporation)
- AMERICAN ORTHODONTICS
- DB Orthodontics
- Great Lakes Dental Technologies (Great Lakes Orthodontics)
- U.S. Market Share Analysis (2019)
Fortune Business Insights™ offers expert corporate analysis and accurate data, helping organizations of all sizes make timely decisions. We tailor innovative solutions for our clients, assisting them to address challenges distinct to their businesses. Our goal is to empower our clients with holistic market intelligence, giving a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Our reports contain a unique mix of tangible insights and qualitative analysis to help companies achieve sustainable growth. Our team of experienced analysts and consultants use industry-leading research tools and techniques to compile comprehensive market studies, interspersed with relevant data.
At Fortune Business Insights™, we aim at highlighting the most lucrative growth opportunities for our clients. We, therefore, offer recommendations, making it easier for them to navigate through technological and market-related changes. Our consulting services are designed to help organizations identify hidden opportunities and understand prevailing competitive challenges.
Fortune Business Insights Pvt. Ltd.
308, Supreme Headquarters,
Survey No. 36, Baner,
Pune -411045, Maharashtra, India.
US: +1 424 253 0390
UK: +44 2071 939123
APAC: +91 744 740 1245
Related Reports :